Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I am not inspired by campaigns to regulate or improve the lives of enslaved animals, mainly because ...

I am not inspired by campaigns to regulate or improve the lives of enslaved animals, mainly because I believe those campaigns fail to strongly question the enslavement itself. However, I do not feel it is my place to criticize those who feel that it does lead to a greater awareness on the part of the public of the cruelties animals endure at our hands.  ~ Dr. Will Tuttle

3 comments:

  1. I am not inspired by campaigns to regulate the use of other animals either, but as Dr. Tuttle alludes, I am not the kind of person who ought to be so inspired. Like Dr. Tuttle, I already try to achieve the vegan ideal in my life, so these campaigns don't speak to me, but they may very well speak to those people who have yet to consider and question seriously human interactions with other animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since there is no empirical evidence to indicate how any individual will be effected by any given message, campaign, educational outreach, etc. the best even the most highly educated and intellectual of us can do is speculate. I'm with Tim on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Will, I too believe those campaigns fail to question the enslavement itself, instead addressing the way in which other animals are treated whilst being enslaved.

    I also agree with Will that it's not my place to criticise those who feel it may lead to a greater awareness.

    Like you said, gsv, we don't know what will work, but I'm pretty sure criticising others isn't the answer.

    ReplyDelete